I conduct research on topics related to social psychology of attitudes and behavior change, psychology of attitudes, resistance to change: persuasion (health and prevention, environment, risk-taking), dissonance, commitment, binding communication, norms, affect and decision making in economics, dynamics of social representation. Full member of the European Association of Social Psychology (EASP).
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Communication, Language
- Health Psychology
- Persuasion, Social Influence
Research Group or Laboratory:
- Laboratoire de Psychologie Sociale
- Blondé, J., & Girandola. Are vivid (vs. pallid) threats persuasive? Examining the effects of threat vividness in health communications (2018). Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 40, 36-48.
- Blondé, J., & Girandola, F. (Under press). Self-Relevant Threatening Messages Promote Vigilance toward Coping Information: Evidence of Positive Processing at Attentional Level. Social Cognition
- Blondé, J., & Girandola, F. (2017).When defensive reactions contribute to the acceptance of fear-arousing communications. Current Psychology. 10.1007/s12144-017-9590-z.
- Blondé, J., & Girandola, F. (2016). Revealing the Elusive Effects of Vividness: A Meta-Analysis of Studies Assessing the Effect of Vividness on Persuasion. Social Influence. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15534510.2016.1157096
- Bonetto, E., Adam-Troian, J., Varet, F., Lo Monaco, G., & Girandola, F. (Under press). Priming Resistance to Persuasion decreases adherence to Conspiracy Theories. Social Influence.
- Bonetto, E., Girandola, & Lo Monaco, G. (2018). Social Representations and Commitment: A Literature Review and an Agenda for Future. European Psychologist
- Coppola,V., & Girandola, F. (2017). The counterproductive effects of strengthening the message arguments: The case for the persuasive health communication. Journal of Language and Social Psychology.
- Coppola, V., & Girandola, F. (2015). Is the marker the message ? The role of some scalar adverbs in the processing of a public health appeal and its effectiveness. Journal of Language and Social Psychology. doi.org/ 10.1177/0261927X15614343
- Fonte, D., Blondé, J., & Girandola, F. (2016). Binding communication and blood donation. Transfusion Medicine
- Girandola, F., & Joule, R.-V. (2012). La communication engageante : aspects théoriques et pratiques. L’Année Psychologique, 112, 117-144.
- Joule, R.-V., Girandola, F., & Bernard, F. (2007). How can people be induced to willingly change their behavior? The path from persuasive communication to binding communication. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 1, 493-505.
- Morer, M., Ansel, D., Michelik, F., & Girandola, F. (2018). Sunk Cost of Local Elected Representatives in Situation of Fiscal Competition : an example of Escalating Commitment. European Review of Applied Psychology, 68, 1, 1-4. doi: 10.1016/j.erap.2017.11.003
- Pascual, A., Carpenter, C., Guéguen, N., & Girandola, F. (2016). A Meta-Analysis of the Effectiveness of the Low-Ball Compliance Gaining Procedure. European Review of Applied Psychology, 66, 261-267.
- Piermattéo, A., Lo Monaco, G., & Girandola, F. (2016). When commitment can be overtuned: anticipating recycling program dropouts through social representations. Environment & Behavior, 48, 10, 1270-1291
- Rodrigues, L., & Girandola, F. (2017). Self-prophecies and cognitive dissonance: Habit, norms and justification of past behavior. North American Journal of Psychology, 19, 1, 65-86
- Souchet, L., & Girandola, F. (2013). Double foot in the door and social representation: the case of energy savings. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43, 306-315.
- Voisin, D., Girandola, F., M. David., & M.-A. Aim (2016). Self-Affirmation and an Incongruent Drinking Norm: Alcohol Abuse Prevention Messages Targeting Young People. Self & Identity. doi.org/10.1080/15298868.2015.1121916
- Attitudes and Attitude Change, Behavior Change
- Resistance to Change (Health, Environment)
Laboratoire de Psychologie Sociale
29, avenue Robert Schuman